- “Thomley is wonderful, it is just so amazing to go somewhere that my daughter can do is celebrated and encouraged, and what she can’t do is just no problem. We both felt welcome and she is always asking when we are going again.” – Parent
- “We love coming to Thomley – even though it’s a long way. It’s one of only a few places where we can relax and not worry about constantly watching our daughter and other people’s reaction to her. It’s refreshing to be somewhere where everyone understands.” – Parent
Why we need your help
In an ideal world, disabled children should have the choice to play in the same places as their friends. Thomley is however the only fully accessible facility of its kind within a 35 mile radius and over 1,000 children travel from 16 different counties, just to reach somewhere they can join in.
We need your help to ensure that disabled children and their families continue to enjoy the wide range of inclusive activities we offer at Thomley.
With your help we will also strive to widen the play opportunities available to disabled children. Through outreach work, we aim to influence and support other organisations to consider and cater for the needs of children with differing abilities.
How you can help
We hope that this ‘Support us’ section will inspire you to get involved with Thomley Activity Centre in one of many exciting ways. Many supporters are eager to know how they can directly help disabled children and their families; hence we have listed our current ‘Priority projects‘ to assist you in choosing a project close to your heart.
If you are thinking of supporting us either as a volunteer or a donor, we warmly invite you visit us and to experience first-hand the joy that Thomley brings to disabled children and their friends.
Many of Thomley’s wonderful facilities are attribute to kind donations from children, parents and other well-wishers who have passed on their once-loved toys or other useful items of equipment. If you have any useful items which are clean and in good condition which are clogging your attic, please rest assured that we could make very good use of them! However, please be sure to contact us before making any deliveries as we may advise that another organisation could make better use of them than we can.
The most recent wish list: -
- Plastic animals
- Children’s underwear up to age 16
- Clothes for teenagers
- Toaster for gluten free food
- Bed sheets
- Sturdy sand pit toys
- Plastic storage boxes
- Wooden style picnic tables
- Junk modelling materials
- Large Doll pram
- Umbrella Push chair
- Football table
- ‘Safety darts’ board
- Teenage board games
- 2 draw lockable filing cabinet
- Hob/ cooker cover